Friday, November 4, 2011

POTATO EXTRAVEGANZA PLUS PUMPKIN LAVA CAKE


Getting ready for tomorrow afternoon. Will be spending time with a few precious friends learning a few tasty things to do with potatoes, learning about "loving our husbands." Will be feeding our bellies and our spirits, will be a great time. Marissa Tiddle and I will be demonstrating sweet potato, oven fries, potato soup with toppers (yummm) grated cheese, scallions, sour cream and bacon. Almost like  "healthy" chili cheese fries.
Scallop potatoes for the lactose intolerant. I just came home from New Mexico where my friends have taught me how to make a lava cake in the crock-pot.

Spray your crock-pot with Pam, I mixed together a truffle cake mix from Trader Joe's, with 1 1/3cup water, 3 eggs, and 1/3 cup oil. Mix all ingredients together pour into crock-pot and top with 12-18 oz of good quality chocolate chips; Trader Joe's, Ghirardelli, or better. Bake on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. And while I was at bible study last night I thought that this very same recipe would be great if I used a Trader Joe's pumpkin bread mix, with the same amount of water, oil and eggs, instead of chocolate chips I will be using the white chocolate with additional cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.

Mom's will be fed, refreshed and go home with potato soup to serve their families. Sounds like great time!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear how the pumpkin lava cake turns out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will try this recipe! Thanks. Did you start the bible study with the new wives/moms and cooking?

    ReplyDelete